Way forward 2016 and beyond
- Own the ‘Pure Motorcycling’ mindspace globally.
- Protect and grow India.
- Focussed strategic international thrust.
- Deliver exciting and evocative new motorcycles.
JANUARY - MARCH 2015
- Introduced the Continental GT 535cc cafe
racer in a new signature GT Black color in
- Opened two exclusive stores in Colombia,
in Bogota and Medellin. The gear collection
inspired by the Despatch Riders of WWII was
introduced in these markets.
- Online gear store – store.royalenfield.com
APRIL - JUNE 2015
- Acquired Harris Performance based in U.K.,
a motorcycle engineering and design firm to
enhance its engineering and product design
- Announced opening of two new technology
centres in Chennai, India and Leicester, UK
respectively. The UK Tech Centre already
has a team of over 50 engineers working on
Royal Enfield’s future product line-up.
- Opened the beautifully appointed flagship
gear store at Khan Market, one of India’s
most popular high-street retail spaces. Royal
Enfield now has seven exclusive gear stores
across key cities in India.
- Launched its first limited edition motorcycles
inspired by the Despatch Riders of the World
War II era. Only 600 motorcycles in three
colours were produced and put on sale –
each bearing a unique embossed hallmark
detailing particulars of its manufacture and a
signature camouflage pattern. In India Royal
Enfield sold 200 units of these limited edition
motorcycles within 26 minutes of opening
the online booking on store.royalenfield.com.
- Opened first exclusive store in Dubai, one of
the nodal markets in the middle-east with a
tremendous response from enthusiasts.
JULY - SEPTEMBER 2015
- In July 2015, the 12th edition of the Royal
Enfield Himalayan Odyssey was conducted
successfully. 75 Royal Enfield riders from
across the country participated in the ride
and covered more than 2,500 kilometres
to Khardung-La pass - the world’s highest
- Opened its second exclusive store in London
in July 2015 at Surrey.
- Announced its first wholly-owned,
direct distribution subsidiary outside of
India in North America in August 2015.
Headquartered in Milwaukee, Royal Enfield
North America sells directly to dealers and
customers, in addition to conducting all
market development and support activities
including marketing, service and after-sales
in the region.
- In September 2015, riders from across the
world joined Royal Enfield on a ride to the
Goodwood Revival festival in UK. The event
saw Royal Enfield reviving a ‘60s-era Enfield
dealership with period memorabilia, along
with a live restoration of a 1949, 350cc
OCTOBER - DECEMBER 2015
- In October 2015, following its strategic cityled
approach, Royal Enfield further expanded
its international footprint with two exclusive
stores in Paris, France and Madrid, Spain.
- The largest gathering of Royal Enfield riders
grew even larger in November 2015, with over
6000 riders thumping into Rider Mania at
Vagator, Goa for three days of music, mates
JANUARY - MARCH 2016
- In January 2016, Royal Enfield introduced
nine new colors for its product line-up that
includes its retro street model- Classic,
the legendary Bullet, its highway cruiser
Thunderbird and the Continental GT café
- With its growing focus on the ASEAN market,
Royal Enfield announced its entry in two
of the biggest two-wheeler markets in the
world - Indonesia and Thailand, by launching
its first retail stores in key cities of Bangkok
and Jakarta in January & February 2016
- Completion of the second phase of
Oragadam plant added considerably to
Royal Enfield’s production capacity. In the
fifteen month period from January 2015 to
March 2016, Royal Enfield sold 6,00,944
units, enabling an even larger number of
people to get out there and ride. Royal
Enfield also announced its third upcoming
manufacturing facility at Vallam Vadagal
in Tamil Nadu, which will contribute to a
combined capacity of 9,00,000 motorcycles
- In February 2016, Royal Enfield launched
the Himalayan, a motorcycle purpose-built
for adventure and touring in the Himalayas.
Bringing together 60 years of Himalayan
riding experiences in a completely groundup
design, and powered by a new LS 410
engine, the Royal Enfield Himalayan paves
the way for a purer, non-extreme and more
accessible form of adventure touring in India.